Conditions of Entry
1. To be eligible for the ride, all participants must agree to the conditions of entry and waiver and pay the fee as specified, whether riding in a team, or as an individual. Event entry fees cannot be refunded or transferred under any circumstances.
2. The organisers of the event, Helen Rollason Cancer Charity (HRCC), will do all that is reasonable to ensure that the event is safe, although all riders take part at their own risk. Any slips or a trip, by any participant, is entirely their own fault and by no account are the events management, nor the venue responsible. Under the terms of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, the organisers and managers of the event cannot be held responsible for injury, loss or damage caused or sustained as a result of taking part in Ride for Helen.
3. HRCC reserve the right to change the time, date and/or venue and format of the Event and to cancel the Event, in whole or in part, without notice or
liability to the Participant.
4. HRCC will not accept liability relating to costs incurred by individuals if the event is cancelled for any reason outside its control including any incidental expenses such as local accommodation.
5. HRCC is unable to accept liability for any changes to the course for safety reasons or for any other reasons that are beyond its control.
6. All particpants under the age of 18 must have consent from a parent or legal guardian to participate in the ride. All particpants under the age of 16 must be accompanied throughout the entire route by a parent or legal guardian who is a Ride for Helen registered rider.
7. The participant confirms that the cycle/bike they are riding for the event and all of their equipment is of a suitable standard and state of road worthiness.In particular, the ability to complete the selected distance. You are requested to ride in single file where appropriate and no more than 2 abreast at any time. Please be aware of your fellow cyclists and any other traffic and always indicate your intention to stop or change direction. All cyclists must adhere to and obey the Highway Code, local Bylaws and laws of England. They are also bound to follow any instructions they receive from event marshals or officials.
8. All riders are advised to make provision in advance for mechanical breakdown or punctures etc. Spokes cycle care and repair will be providing a repair service on the day.
9. All riders must be comfortable that they are in good health. If riders are in any doubt about their medical state, they should consult their doctor before participating. Please note that if their services are required we pass on your supplied details to our medical provider for use on the day.
10. HRCC reserves the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
11. All riders are advised to ensure they are able to complete their chosen distance safely. Riders are informed that the event is not a race.
12. In line with Police directives we recommend that all riders wear a safety approved cycling helmet and item of high visibility clothing. It is mandatory that all riders under 16 years of age wear a safety approved cycling helmet.
13. Riders are advised to carry food and water suitable for the weather conditions and their chosen distance as well as a charged mobile phone so that if neccesary they can contact HRCC on the emergency number supplied on the reverse of the cycle number.
14. Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service. If the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, the rider agrees that a member of the HRCC team or a member of the public may call for them. In this situation, the rider still accepts the costs and consequences of such actions.
15. Riders participating in the event will only be checked-
16. The organisers, managers or any sponsors or promoters of the ride may take photographs or videos of the ride and riders for promotional and publicity purposes. By registering to participate in the ride either on your own behalf or upon behalf of any other rider including those under the age of 16 years, You agree that photographic or video images of you, containing you, or of those under the age of 16 years upon whose behalf you have registered, may be used by the organisers, managers or any sponsors or promoters of the ride for publicity purposes. If you would not like your pictures to be used please email: email@example.com.
17. The ride is organised to raise funds for HRCC. All riders are requested to raise sponsor money for this charity by joining this event. Sponsor forms are included in your ‘Rider Pack’ or you can raise sponsorship online by visiting our Just Giving page. All funds raised for Ride for Helen through fundraising must
be payable to HRHCC.
18. All riders on the 90 mile route must be a member of a cycling club or can prove they are a regular, long distance cyclist and confident they can complete
the distance in no more that eight hours. All riders must have their own GPX/Garmin or equivalent device on their bike as some of the route will be unsigned. All riders must carry their own puncture repair kit and spare inner tube. There will be two water stops on the route but riders must be self sufficient and have additional water and snacks as they require.
19. By giving us your email address you consent to us giving you information regarding this event.
I have read and agreed to the above conditions and declare that I am in good health to complete in this event and consent to Helen Rollason Cancer Charity contacting me via telephone, letter or email for any matter relating to my participation in this event.
“Thanks a million -